Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The COVID-19 outbreak has been a difficult time for us all, including local health, care, wellbeing and community support services. These services have had to adapt to help protect the public, their staff, clients and visitors, with many introducing a ‘digital’ way for you to use their service. This may have involved using technology such as computers, tablets or smartphones to use the service via the internet. Our Digital Health Devon project offers free digital guidance showing people how they can use the internet to access local health, social care and wellbeing resources such as appointment-booking, prescription-ordering and online consultation services. Digital Health Devon have volunteer Digital ‘trainers’ who donate their time to helping local people with their digital queries. This could be via regular weekly online ‘virtual drop in sessions’ using Zoom, social media or even 1-to-1 advice and guidance either over the phone, via email or webchat. Click here to contact Digital Health Devon and find out more about the Digital trainers’ availability.
Advice and GuidanceWe are working closely with all our national and local partners in the voluntary and statutory sector to ensure we share the latest trusted advice and guidance. With this in mind our staff and volunteers have been supporting a local community helpline, started initially for those affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic and open to the people of Torbay to request help, volunteer their assistance or refer anyone they believe/know needs help. For more information on the helpline, please click here. The government is removing remaining domestic restrictions in England. There are still steps you can take to reduce the risk of catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Get vaccinated
- Let fresh air in if meeting indoors, or meet outside
- Consider wearing a face covering in crowded, enclosed spaces
- Get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms, and stay at home if positive
Further InformationPlease click the button below to view some of the useful latest information, advice and guidance related to COVID 19 from our partners and another of the services we run – the local independent healthcare consumer champion in Devon, Plymouth & Torbay – Healthwatch.
- RT @HwDevon: Have you seen our Annual Report yet? This report highlights our work in the wide range of engagement and impact we've had ove…yesterday
- Survey now open - Have your say about access to contraceptive services in Devon. What's your experience? What wor… https://t.co/oWMKUnSZa7yesterday
- @DevonCC We can help to promote the survey at @HwDevon and share with you any feedback we have relating to patient experiences.yesterday
- RT @NHSDevon: The NHS in Devon is always here to help you, when you need it. If you are visiting Devon watch this video to provide tips on…4 days ago