We are one of six funded organisations in a pioneering Torbay scheme to help older people to stay in their homes for longer by providing a variety of services.
The services cover everything from a low cost handy person service, to cooking lessons, menu planning and online shopping.
We are ensuring that everyone has the access to the health and care services they need when they need it, with advocacy services on hand to make sure people have their voices heard on health, wellbeing and social care issues.
Called ‘Staying Put’ the project relies on volunteers to be good neighbours and a campaign is being launched to find neighbourhood champions and lots of volunteers who will be fully trained..
National Lottery Community funded research has shown that many people would prefer to continue to live in their own homes but find as they get older that they struggle with some of the smaller jobs such as changing a lightbulb, curtain hanging or clearing garden paths.
Some also struggle when their partner dies as they have never learned to cook or in some cases have never been responsible for coordinating their own healthcare.
For more information, please click here.
- RT @TorbaySDevonNHS: | A new ultrasound model, made possible thanks to the generosity of Torbay Hospital League of Friends, will be used…23 hours ago
- RT @Torbay_Council: Walk-in vaccination sessions at the Riviera Centre this week from 9:30am to 12pm. Pfizer first and second doses availab…yesterday
- Have you or your loved ones recently used #NHS 111 to get medical help? Did you get the advice and care you needed?… https://t.co/XFZTxZY1p12 days ago
- This week's e-bulletin is out now https://t.co/Jyctx50BHO In this issue ☎️NHS 111-what was your experience? Wo… https://t.co/Zqb0vP7Rv76 days ago
- RT @NHSAbility: Read the new NHS #EasyRead newsletter. Lots of information about staying healthy and using the #NHSApp https://t.co/OTKWwYC…8 days ago